Thursday, August 8, 2013

Word On the Street--Part 1


Word On The Street
In Brooklyn
Part 1



I ain’t no hoe! All these rumors are lies. I don’t care what nobody thinks of me, I’m gone die alone anyways.
“Sandra, why are you crying?”
“I’m not crying I’m just…just I don’t know Kelsey.
Kelsey was Sandra’s Best friend since Middle school. They were the two black sheep’s in their High school.
“Hey Sandra, I heard you were amazing ha ha ha ha”. Roger and all his jock friends laughed. I just walk away, nobody knew who I was. I might as well been invisible until last Friday night.

On my way home my best friend Kelsey was with me. It was so hot and it was Friday, we were invited to this party that Keisha was having. I never been invited to anything, I thought just maybe things were turning around for me and maybe I would be popular.
“Sandra, why weren’t you here 30 minutes ago?!”
My mom always complained about me and everything I did.
“ I just got out of school mom”.
“You know damn well I don’t care about school, you need to get a job.
“Hi Ms. Worries”.
“Hey Kelsey.”
“Sandra next time I tell you to be home at 1:30 I expect you to be here at 1:30”.
I didn’t understand why I had a mother like her; I started finding myself wishing I was white with a BIG HOUSE and nice parents. We all know white people are the happiest.
                   “HELLO, Sandra did you hear me!”
                   “Huh, oh yeah I heard you, Mom?”
                   “What?”  She said with a frowned up face.
                  “ I wanted to know if I could go to this party with Kelsey tonight?”
                  “ Just be home before I get off of work!”
               My mom gets off at 12:00am.
              “Okay thanks”.
            My mom didn’t care what I did anyways, as long as I was out of her way. She didn’t even care if I got good grades so I stopped caring.
              “Sandra?”
              “Yes Kelsey?”
             “ What are you wearing to the party?”
            “Well I have two dresses that we both can wear, don’t worry there pretty”.
            “Okay, lets get ready to go”.
            Kelsey and I was on our way to the party, only thing was we had to catch two buses to get there.
“Sandra it’s not that bad”.
Kelsey knew I hated catching the bus. Last time I caught the bus it was an old man following me. I was scared, I thought I was gone get rapped or kidnapped. It happened four months ago and I haven’t caught the bus since, but I really wanted to go to Keisha’s party. On the bus I was so nerves and ready to get off.
“Hey can I sit here?”
“Sure, Kelsey said”.
The girl looked like a boy, I thought. I was so anxious for our stop.
“Kelsey what was the street called again?” I whispered. 
“Minerva.” Kelsey said in a low voice.
Minerva was coming up so we pulled the rope ahead of time.           
            The street was packed with cars, I wasn’t surprise Keisha is the most popular girl in the school. Kelsey and I were looking so pretty. I couldn’t believe I was gone be apart of a party that most girls like me don’t get invited to.
 “Sandra I’m nerves”.
 “Me too Kelsey ”.
I ringed the doorbell, ding-dong.
“Get off my table, oh hey Sandra and Kelsey come in”.
“Hey Keisha”.
People was staring and whispering.
“What’s she doing here?”
“Ugh look at her hair”.
I didn’t let it get to me; it wasn’t nothing I’ve never heard.
“Kelsey I’m finna go look for Sam I’ll be back”.
“Okay Sandra”.
Before I went to find Sam I went and got me a drink to loosing up. The last time I seen Sam was Last Friday. Sam was in the backyard with his friends.
“Hey Sam.”
“Uhh what’s up Sandra?’
“Nothing can we talk for a minute?”
“I’m kind of busy”.
“Get yo ass out of here, we heard all about you Sandra!”
“You’re a hoe”. Kristy said out loud.
“Sandra what’s wrong?”
“You didn’t see the video of you in the living room?”
“What video?” I said.
“Sam you didn’t tell her you recorded what you guys did?”
I pulled Sam, “What is she talking about Sam?”
“Go look and see”. Kristy said.
I ran in the living room and looked at the TV, it was Sam and I having sex.
“Hey Sandra I’m next”. Some random boy said.
I ran out the of the house as fast as I could. When I got on the bus I just started crying, my life is over.

            Lying in my bed thinking of Friday night. I thought Sam liked me, he told me he loved me.  Voices echo in my head.
“Hey Sandra I heard you were amazing amazing”. All I could think about was how embarrassed I’m going to be when I go to school. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep.
“WAKE UP SANDRA, I don’t know why you’re still in my house”.
“BOOM BOOM BOOM”. The sound of my mommas fist on my door.
I wanted to get up and scream,
“Leave me alone, I hate you”!!

TOO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment